June 26 - 29
Renaissance Austin - Austin, Texas
Convention 2014 Registration is OPEN!
Why Attend Convention 2014?
- Meet other people with hearing loss
Attend communication-accessible workshops and sessions:
- Over forty communication-accessible workshops and demonstrations on topics such as employment, advocacy, hearing aids, cochlear implants, assistive technology, and relationships. There are also dynamic and interactive workshops for leaders of HLAA Chapters and State Associations.
- Opening Session features keynote speaker, Richard Einhorn, a music composer who suffered sudden sensorineural hearing loss in 2010. Read more about Richard and what he has in store for attendees of the Opening Session, scheduled for Thursday, June 26, 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Symposium, Emerging Technology for People with Hearing Loss, moderated by the executive director of the CEA Foundation, Stephen Ewell.
- Exhibit Hall with the latest technology for people with hearing loss
Social Events including:
- Thursday, June 26, Get Acquainted Party (GAP), sponsored by CaptionCall
- Friday, June 27, Texas Swing, sponsored by Sprint CapTel, the off-site event at the historic Scholz Bier Garten with Texas BBQ and beer, live music by Hot Texas Swing Band, boot scootin’ lessons, and a chance to win 2 tickets on American Airlines
- Saturday, June 28, Fiesta Banquet, sponsored by Contacta and featuring entertainment by Gael Hannan (comedienne), and music by Kenny Luna (bring your dancing shoes)
- Sunday, June 29, Awards Breakfast and Ceremony sponsored by CapTel Captioned Telephone
- See additional sponsors and a list of exhibitors.
- Registration Discounts through May 31. Complimentary registration for veterans with hearing loss who served in OEF and OIF.
All workshops and sessions have CART or captioning, as well as a hearing loop and/or infrared. The type of technology in use in a particular room will be noted on signage and in the Convention 2014 Program and Exhibit Guide. Plenary sessions, including the Opening Session, Technology Symposium, and Banquet will also have sign interpreters; interpreters for other sessions available upon request by June 1.
Call Nancy Macklin, Director of Events at 301.657.2248 or email email@example.com.