Donating stock or other appreciated securities to the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) has three important benefits for the donor:
- You can donate appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds.
- The donor avoids capital gains taxes on the appreciation.
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible.
To make a gift of stock to the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA):
- Notify your broker in writing that you wish to make a gift of securities to HLAA
- Instruct your broker to contact HLAA by calling 301.657.2248 or by email at email@example.com for instructions on how to complete the transfer
- Once your broker has notified HLAA that the securities have been transferred, HLAA will send a receipt and acknowledgement letter to the donor
- Please retain the receipt for tax purposes
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is a tax-exempt, charitable organization and is eligible to receive tax deductible contributions under the IRS Code 501(c)(3). HLAA’s Federal ID #52-1177011.
Please contact HLAA’s Development Office at 301.657.2248 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.