The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization representing people with hearing loss. HLAA opens the world of communication to people with hearing loss through information, education, support, and advocacy. With more than 48 million Americans living with hearing loss, we work nationally and in local communities to provide vital assistance and resources to help people with hearing loss and their families live better lives.
The Hearing Loss Association of America is seeking a Digital Communications and Web Specialist to implement the organization’s digital communications. This position d supports the communications function to assist in overall web and digital strategy to correspond with communications, marketing and branding strategy. The position, based in HLAA’s Rockville (North Bethesda), Maryland, headquarters, is responsible for executing digital communication strategies to increase the visibility of HLAA and help forward its mission. As a key member of the team, this position will work closely with senior staff and colleagues to ensure a consistent message and an integrated communications effort.
This position requires teamwork in a normal office setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gatekeeper of the HLAA website and Walk4Hearing website and any HLAA web-related landing pages for special events, etc.
- Ensure website functionality and perform software updates (and working in tandem with any vendors doing these updates)
- Monitor, assess and report website performance, gather website statistics and data for regular reports (analytics)
- Ensure domain registration and hosting
- Execute various digital media for the organization – e-news, e-blasts, surveys, etc
- Update website and digital content
- Provide training to staff on the website’s content management system
- Make adjustments to design within confines of website architecture as needed.
- Provide tech support to webinars and virtual meetings.
- Understand website technology to include design/editing, troubleshooting, testing, and security measures.
- Monitor and lead on making updates, recommendations, and design implementations to HLAA mobile device user experience
- Advise on new and emerging technology platforms
- Provide tech support for webinars and virtual meetings for back end production
- Assist with information technology and software related issues for organization
- Assist with technology components and look and feel of any future HLAA virtual conventions
- Liaise to IT company
- Supports integration of databases
- Familiarity and ability to quickly learn third-party software
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud Apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro, Premiere Pro)
- Experience maintaining Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Experience with Blackbaud products (Luminate Online, Raiser’s Edge, NetCommunity, Online Express)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Sprout Social, and Google AdWords.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office 365 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and cloud storage system
- Working knowledge of Zoom and Google Hangouts
- Strong understanding of Google products (Analytics, Tag Manager, YouTube, Photos, Feedburner, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail while being able to think strategically and understand the larger vision
- Excellent communication skills, especially written, with ability to copy edit
- Strong project management skills and with ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple initiatives
- Excellent judgment and initiative; enthusiastic and entrepreneurial
- Active listener, with an ability to synthesize information and translate into strategy or action plans
A team mentality with a desire for the success of colleagues
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience with a broad range of communication mediums, including social media, digital communications, basic web editing software, and familiarity with email and social media management systems. Video editing and captioning experience a plus.
There are no HLAA staff positions directly reporting to this position.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Communications and Web Specialist” in the subject line.
Applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted.
HLAA values diversity of background and opinion and promotes a professional environment that is accessible and inclusive. HLAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other category protected by law.