Please join a free, captioned virtual get together for the HLAA community — that’s you! All are welcome. Come ready to socially connect while we are physically distant. The captioned Zoom meeting will include a presentation from our speaker plus ample time for questions and conversation.
Breathe in Peace, Breathe out Fear: Candid Conversation during COVID with Rebecca Alexander
Rebecca Alexander, LCSW-R, MPH, PLLC
May 9, 2–3:30 p.m. (ET)
Holly Cohen, HLAA member and hearing health advocate
Shari Eberts, HLAA Board vice chair
Roxana Rotundo, HLAA Board member
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Helpful Hints and Tutorials
- Zoom concerns have been addressed and procedures will be modified as Zoom continues to update their software. The main security issue was with open meetings. When you register, it creates a unique link for a password protected session.
- Use a computer. If possible, attend the meeting on a computer rather than via a smart phone or iPad. This will give you the best layout to view the captions as well as other meeting features.
- Captions. Meetings are captioned. How to See Closed Captions in ZOOM
- Check your time zone. This meeting will take place live at 2 p.m. ET, 1 p.m. CT, 12 p.m. MT and 11 a.m. PT. If you are in a different time zone, please adjust the time so you do not miss the meeting.
- Questions? Feel free to email us at VirtualMeetings@hearingloss.