Date: Saturday, November 14
Time: 4 p.m. ET, 3 p.m. CT, 2 p.m. MT, 1 p.m. PT
Presented by: HLAA California State Association
Speaker: Alison Freeman, Ph.D., California State University at Northridge (CSUN)
Join our next virtual meeting to learn some tips and strategies on how to deal with hearing loss during the holidays ahead.
Alison Freeman, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist who works part-time at California State University at Northridge (CSUN) with both hearing and hard of hearing/deaf/Deaf students. She also has a private practice and is doing teletherapy during the pandemic. Alison has had a severe hearing loss since early childhood, was orally trained, and is a long-time member of HLAA (she knew Founder Rocky Stone!).
You’ll need to register for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Helpful Hints and Tutorials
- Zoom concerns have been addressed and procedures will be modified as Zoom continues to update their software. The main security issue was with open meetings. When you register, it creates a unique link for a password protected session.
- Use a computer. If possible, attend the meeting on a computer rather than via a smart phone or iPad. This will give you the best layout to view the captions as well as other meeting features.
- Captions. Meetings are captioned. How to See Closed Captions in ZOOM
- Check your time zone. This meeting will take place live at 4 p.m. ET, 3 p.m. CT, 2 p.m. MT and 1 p.m. PT. If you are in a different time zone, please adjust the time so you do not miss the meeting.
- Questions? Feel free to email us at webinars@hearingloss.