The new virtual world we are engaging in can be a bit uncertain, especially when it comes to interviewing and navigating the job search process. During this webinar, candidates will learn best practices, tips and tricks for navigating the recruitment process, from the initial conversation to onboarding in a virtual environment. Seasoned recruiters whose organizations have pivoted quickly to accommodate the virtual world will share their perspectives. We will also hear from a student leader who has worked through the virtual recruitment process as well.
Date: November 18, 2021
Time: 7 p.m. ET, 6 p.m. CT, 5 p.m. MT, 4 p.m. PT
Carmen Bruce is a Diversity Recruiting Advisor at PNC, and in her position, she supports the hiring initiatives of both persons with disabilities and those in the veteran community. Carmen manages the relationship of external partnership organizations, and plays the role of connector between candidate and recruiter and hiring manager.
Camille Ellis is a highly accomplished HR professional with over ten years of experience in higher education and working with adult learners. Prior to coming on board American Eagle in 2020, she was a part of the Diversity Workforce at UPMC and served as a Change Management Specialist at Carnegie Mellon University.
Derek Lee is analytics professional passionate about driving business decision-making. He currently serves as a Data Insights Scientist at Verana Health, and is the chair of HLAA Young Adults Hear. He completed his bachelor’s degree from Stanford and his master’s degree from UCLA.
Helpful Hints and Tutorials
- Registration is required for this event. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Use a computer. If possible, attend the meeting on a computer rather than via a smartphone or iPad. This will give you the best layout to view the captions as well as other meeting features.
- Update Zoom. Make sure to upgrade to the latest version of Zoom.
- Captions. HLAA webinars are open or closed captioned. Subtitles will be visible at the bottom of the meeting Zoom screen.
- Check your time zone. This meeting will take place live at 7 p.m. ET, 6 p.m. CT, 5 p.m. MT, 4 p.m. PT. You should make note of your time zone so you do not miss the meeting.
NOTE: HLAA does not offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for participation in our webinars.
Questions? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.