Lise Hamlin, HLAA Public Policy Director will present to the District of Columbia Chapter on HLAA public policy advocacy initiatives.
HLAA actively supports public policy initiatives that:
- Enhance access to communications for people with hearing loss in the workplace, government facilities, & places of public accommodation, including movies, theaters, court rooms, and & transportation facilities;
- Make hearing aids, cochlear implants, other hearing technology & hearing health services accessible & affordable;
- Improve the quality of captioning on TV, theaters, & the internet; ensuring telecommunication access via Relay & Hearing Aid Compatible phones.
Three initiatives that HLAA is currently focusing on are:
- Providing input for the FDA on the consumer perspective regarding Over-the-Counter hearing aids;
- Expanding Medicare to cover hearing aids & hearing health care services;
- Accessibility for people with hearing loss during the pandemic.
Lise will describe these & other policy initiatives, answer questions, & seek views about other ways HLAA can be helpful.
Please contact Russell Misheloff, firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP to this event.