Our community came together and showed incredible passion and commitment to keep our organization thriving. We challenged our members and supporters to do more, and you stepped forward in an extraordinary way.
With the generosity of 838 supporters, we raised a remarkable $781,007 far exceeding our goal of $500,000. We are overjoyed by the outpouring of help from so many people.
The funds raised through the HLAA Giving Challenge will help our organization:
- Make online programming more accessible and a better experience
- Train HLAA Chapters on digital meeting techniques and captioning options
- Increase educational workshops and support sessions, and fund regional speakers
- Expand online tools and training for people to advocate for themselves
- Advocate for Medicare coverage of hearing aids and hearing health care
- Be the voice of the hearing loss community in our nation’s capital and throughout the country, tirelessly speaking out on its behalf
- And much, much more
The Giving Challenge is about much more than raising funds. It is an effort to secure the future of HLAA and build our capacity as an organization to better help people like you, and those you love, who are determined to live their best lives with hearing loss.
Together, we will change lives.
A Message from Barbara Kelley, Executive Director, HLAA
We would like to thank our Board of Directors, the HLAA Giving Challenge Leadership Committee, and all of you for positioning our organization for success. Because of your efforts, HLAA will continue to do all it can to serve the ever-increasing number of people with hearing loss.
We are more optimistic than ever about what we can accomplish in 2021!
Sign up to receive HLAA e-News or follow our calendar of events for upcoming programming.