The coordinator oversees the daily operation of the organization’s membership database, which tracks contributions, constituents, members, donors, advertisers, sponsors, chapter management and prospect information.
The position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of HLAA’s Raiser’s Edge (RE) membership database, including data input and output, as well as providing responsive support to HLAA membership.
This position will provide support to the entire staff by assisting with the creation of reports, ensuring that staff is trained in the basic use of the database, developing and implementing policies to guide data entry, and making sure that the database effectively captures constituent and donor information and generates accurate reports.
This position will be the first point of contact for HLAA staff with questions about, or problems with, the use of the database, and will serve as a liaison to vendors and the IT consulting company to help troubleshoot hardware/software issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage data entry for gift records and membership dues, so that the processing, tracking, reporting and acknowledgement of gifts and memberships are performed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Process, print, and mail thank you letters for all donations
- Running queries/reports out of the database for membership which includes new member and renewal reports, creating new member packets and ensuring timely and accurate renewal information
- Batch entries of donations, memberships, convention registrations and more
- Assist in the regulations regarding gift administration and proper acknowledgement with the development staff
- Establish and maintain a structure within the database to effectively identify specific segments of data for various analyses and targeted efforts
- Enable membership benefits for new members
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and security of the database
- Manage annual HLAA Convention registrations including working with the meeting planner on the registration website, the development of registration packets, name badges, and other inclusions
- Run event report then merge, print, and mail convention confirmation letters to registrants
- Answer constituent inquiries regarding membership, donations, and event registrations
- Create and format reports, lists and queries when needed for program reporting, mailings and emails
- Help answer phones as needed
- Some administrative duties as needed such as matching gift research
- Assist departments with mailings, mail merges, printing, folding, labels and stuffing
- Internet research to find members whose mail has been returned due to address change, wrong address, and USPS mistakes
- Updating Raiser’s Edge database; i.e., download various transactions from NetCommunity (donations, memberships, convention registrations, and record updates) and batch those transactions into Raiser’s Edge, ensuring accuracy of that information
- Data import and export as needed to keep Raiser’s Edge database updated with data from other databases being used in parallel
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree or related training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in managing Raiser’s Edge database and how it communicates with other systems such as NetCommunity and Luminate Online. Proficiency in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, developing reports.
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of the nonprofit processes and the concept of donor relations.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and be comfortable on the phone addressing inquiries from constituents.
- This position requires comfort and effectiveness translating between end users’ needs and database output. Must be able to understand staff needs so as to accurately translate their requests into effective queries and reports.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Must be comfortable working in a close-knit, team environment where attitude and work ethic matters.
- Requires broad knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge database and working knowledge of other Blackbaud products such as NetCommunity and Luminate Online.
- Must have a strong understanding of databases and best practices as they relate to data entry and integrity.
- Microsoft Office proficiency; Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- IT experience a plus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work might require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Travel to annual HLAA convention is required.
Work is in an office and primarily sedentary in nature, no special demands are required.
How to Apply:
For serious inquires please send email with your resume, cover letter and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Raiser’s Edge Database Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Type: Full-Time Position, not a telework position