Please join a free, captioned, virtual get together for the hearing loss community. Come ready to socially connect while we are physically distant. The captioned Zoom meeting will include a presentation from our speaker plus ample time for questions and conversation.
A humorous look at the highs and lows of physically distancing with hearing loss.
Hearing Loss Advocate, Writer, Speaker, Humorist
Watch Gael’s entertaining and informative video for registration tips.
April 25, 2–3:30 p.m. (ET)
Holly Cohen, HLAA member and hearing health advocate
Shari Eberts, HLAA Board Vice Chair
Roxana Rotundo, HLAA Board member
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Helpful Hints and Tutorials
- Zoom concerns have been addressed and procedures will be modified as Zoom continues to update their software. The main security issue was with open meetings. When you register, it creates a unique link for a password protected session.
- Use a computer. If possible, attend the meeting on a computer rather than via a smart phone or iPad. This will give you the best layout to view the captions as well as other meeting features.
- Captions. Meetings are captioned. How to See Closed Captions in ZOOM
- Check your time zone. This meeting will take place live at 2 p.m. ET, 1 p.m. CT, 12 p.m. MT and 11 a.m. PT. If you are in a different time zone, please adjust the time so you do not miss the meeting.
- Questions? Feel free to email us at VirtualMeetings@hearingloss.