The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization representing people with hearing loss. HLAA opens the world of communication to people with hearing loss through information, education, support, and advocacy. With more than 48 million Americans living with hearing loss, we work nationally and in local communities to provide vital assistance and resources to help people with hearing loss and their families live better lives.
The Database Coordinator oversees the daily operation of the organization’s relationship management database, including update of constituent, HLAA Chapter, member, and donor records, recording and tracking of gifts, and donor prospects.
The Database Coordinator serves a primary role in ensuring data accuracy, gift recording and acknowledgments, and reporting. The position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and works closely with the Director of Development.
This position also provides support to the staff by analyzing constituent and donor data, assisting with the creation of reports, training staff in the basic use of the database, and developing and implementing policies to guide data entry.
The Coordinator will:
- Maintain the organization’s relationship management database, including updating donor, HLAA Chapter and member records, compiling biographical information, data entry, importing data and creating and running reports and queries.
- Process incoming donations, matching gifts, memberships, and registrations to ensure that all are recorded and acknowledged in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Work with Development staff to ensure all print and online acknowledgment letters are kept current and generate, ensure personalization, mail thank you letters, and adhere to the IRS regulations regarding gift administration.
- Create, maintain, and run queries and reports that track donations, membership and fundraising progress, and serve as the point person for list management and execution for mailings and email communications such as appeals, stewardship, e-News, magazine, and annual report distribution.
- Establish and maintain a structure within the database to effectively identify segments of data for various analyses and targeted efforts.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and security of the database.
- Collaborate with staff on the management of HLAA Convention and other event registrations and integrate data with the organization’s relationship management database.
- Answer constituent inquiries regarding membership, donations, and event registrations.
- Assist the chapter coordinator with the Unified Membership Program.
- Ensure the integration of donor data in the organization’s relationship management database including separately tracked initiatives including Walk4Hearing, annual Convention, and advertising.
- Serve as a liaison to IT consulting company and to other vendors to help troubleshoot hardware/software issues.
- Answer the phone and direct the call to the right person in the organization.
- Responsibilities for other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and related training/experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience working with Raiser’s Edge NXT database and how it communicates with systems such as Online Express, Luminate Online, and other software. We only consider candidates with Raiser’s Edge experience.
- Proficiency in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, developing reports.
- Strong understanding of databases and best practices as they relate to data entry and integrity.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit processes and the concept of donor relations.
- Strong customer service orientation ability to field and address inquiries from constituents by phone and email.
- Ability to understand data needs of staff and effectively translate between these needs and database output to produce effective queries and reports.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, problem-solve, follow-through, and manage multiple priorities.
- Comfortable working in a team where attitude and work ethic matters.
- Microsoft Office proficiency; Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- IT experience is a plus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work might require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Travel to HLAA annual convention is required.
Work is in an office and primarily sedentary. No special demands are required.
How to Apply:
For serious inquiries, please send an email with your resume and cover letter, including the salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Database Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Type: Full-time, not a telework position