Welcome to the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), the leading organization for people with hearing loss.
As an HLAA member, you are part of an organization with a mission to provide information, education, support and advocacy to people with hearing loss. Through our advocacy work at the federal level, we represent 48 million people with hearing loss in the United States – that includes you.
HLAA Membership Dues Increase
The HLAA Board of Trustees voted to increase membership dues effective as of July 1. You may continue to join/renew at the current lower rate before July 1. Read the announcement from Board Chairperson Don Doherty for more details. New membership rates chart can be found on page 18 of the May/June issue of Hearing Life.
Please reach out to Carla Beyer-Smolin, the new national chapter and membership coordinator for anything you might need.
If you have questions about your membership status, payments/refunds or need help logging in to the HLAA Membership Portal, please email Amber Howell, database coordinator, at email@example.com.
Veterans (NEW Members only)
- Two types of membership for United States veterans (both include benefits of individual membership):
- Option 1: Digital Membership (Lifetime) – this complimentary membership includes online Hearing Life access
- Option 2: Non-Digital Membership (first year is free) – Hearing Life will be delivered right to your postal mailbox; complimentary for one year, renewable at $35/year.
If you are a veteran and are interested in joining HLAA please complete the Veteran Membership form and mail, email or fax it in.
Membership Dues (Non-USA)
HLAA members have the knowledge that they are an active participant in a highly-respected organization that is a force for change working on behalf of people with hearing loss.
Individual/Couple/Student Member Benefits
- Hearing Life – the bimonthly magazine about the latest technology, products and information about how to live well with hearing loss. Read stories from people who have hearing loss as well as articles from leading professionals in the field. HLAA members have access to the online version of Hearing Life before it arrives in the mail.
- Discounted rate to the annual HLAA Convention held in various cities across the country (discount also applies to all members in the Couple/Family membership)
- Discounts on certain products and services.HLAA does not endorse the product or service discounts offered on this page, nor does exclusion suggest disapproval.
- The support found in our extensive network of chapters
- Online activities such as HLAA Webinars (captioned), forums, groups for young adults, parents, surveys, Hearing Life e-News, and more
- Participation in advocacy campaigns
NEW Membership Benefit (U.S. memberships only)
hearOclub is a hearing aid and cochlear implant battery subscription service which delivers DieHard brand batteries on a set schedule (with free shipping!). New HLAA members sign up for hearOclub using a coupon code online at hearoclub.com or by calling 833.LISTEN-2 (833.547.8362). Look for the coupon code in the email confirmation when you join or renew, or in the New Member Packet which will arrive in your mailbox. Current members, sign up today using the coupon code HLAAmember at hearoclub.com.
Sign up for a 1-year hearOclub subscription and receive $30 worth of free batteries plus a battery tester keychain – a total value of $40, exclusive to HLAA members!
Attention cochlear implant users! hearOclub now offers a 675P battery. See more information at hearOclub.com/cochlear.
HLAA Member Discounts
HLAA neither endorses any of the following, nor do exclusions suggest disapproval.
- iDeal Hearing Aids offers savings on hearing aids
- American Hearing Benefits offers a negotiated discount on some hearing aids
- Neurotone, Inc., Lace (Listening and Communication Enhancement) offers a 30% discount
- Harris Communications provides a 20% discount on most items.
- Avis gives members $20 off a weekly car rental in addition to a possible 25% discount.
- Teltex, Inc., provides a 20% discount off selected items.
- ClearSounds Communications offers a 20% discount at checkout.
- HITEC gives a 20% discount for assistive listening devices.
- HLAA Travel is a full-featured travel website.
Professional Member Benefits
For audiologists and hearing instrument specialists, think of HLAA as helping during and after your patients are fitted with hearing aids. Hearing professionals, not only will you be listed in the HLAA Searchable Hearing Health Care Directory, we are also thrilled to offer a premium listing on Hearing Tracker – a $300/year value! If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other professionals such as physicians, CART reporters, social workers, and others have joined HLAA as Professional Members for the opportunity to be listed on the HLAA Searchable Hearing Health Care Directory.
As a professional member of HLAA, you enjoy:
- All Individual Membership benefits
- Certificate to display in your office to show your clients and patients your support of the Hearing Loss Association of America
- Free Gift Vouchers for Hearing Life to give to your clients. We encourage you to put your copy of Hearing Life in your waiting room.
- Be a featured guest speaker in HLAA Webinars.
- Partner with HLAA in local, state and national advocacy efforts.
- Opportunity to serve as professional advisors to an HLAA Chapter
Corporate Member Benefits
Corporate members show commitment to consumers with hearing loss. Together, we work to have hearing loss recognized as a major public health issue.
- All Individual Membership benefits
- Your company logo/brand will appear on the Corporate Member’s page and link to your company’s website. When you join, you will be asked to provide logo specs to adhere to the HLAA website.
- Your chief executive officer is invited to write a 400-word message in Hearing Life to HLAA members about your company and how you and HLAA work together. Deadlines with the editorial staff apply.
- In addition to our educational webinars, we offer product/service showcase webinars where companies can highlight their products or services. These webinars are captioned and recorded for playback. The first one is included in your membership! Subsequent webinars are $300 each.
- Advertise in Hearing Life the online Hearing Life e-News, and have banner ads on hearingloss.org. For more information go to Advertising Information.
- Exhibit at the HLAA Annual Convention – the largest trade show for people with hearing loss. For exhibit and sponsorship opportunities see the information on Exhibit and Sponsorship Opportunities.
- The HLAA Walk4Hearing raises awareness and promotes programs. Companies form teams and/or sponsor the Walk4Hearing. It’s fun and a great opportunity to promote goodwill and create name recognition.
Nonprofit Organization and Library Member Benefits
Your nonprofit organization or library can help provide valuable information to the community.
You are a partner with HLAA as we both help people live well with their hearing loss through technology and coping skills.
- All Individual Membership benefits
- Discounted rate to the annual HLAA Convention for one member of your staff
- Be a featured guest speaker in HLAA Webinars
- Nonprofit organizations can get involved in the HLAA Walk4Hearing to raise awareness about your programs in the community and to raise money as an alliance to fund programs for people with hearing loss in your communities.