Since 1979, donations from individuals and corporate sponsors have supported the HLAA mission to open the world of communication to people with hearing loss through advocacy, education, information and support.
HLAA is a leading voice in improving communication access for people with hearing loss.
- We advocate for communication access in the workplace, hotels, schools, court systems, medical, and entertainment facilities.
- We advocate for new technology, medical research, and legislation.
- We encourage and participate in research to improve hearing aids, assistive listening devices, and other technology needs.
- We push for research on understanding the causes of hearing loss and for development of new treatments.
- We testify before federal, state, and local legislative bodies.
- We help implement federal and state laws.
- We co-chair the Disability Access Committee at the Federal Communications Commission and serve on other committees and coatlitons wherever people with hearing loss should be represented.
Our primary purpose is to educate ourselves, our families, friends, co-workers, teachers, hearing health care providers, industry, government, and others about hearing loss.
- HLAA provides adults and children with tools for self help; sensitizes the general population about the special needs of people who have a hearing loss; and promotes understanding of the nature, causes, complications, and remedies of hearing loss.
- We provide information on many aspects of hearing loss, from technological and medical advances, to coping and parenting strategies.
- We want to help you become an informed consumer on what options are available to you to help you make the best decisions on how to live with hearing loss.
HLAA provides the latest information about hearing loss.
- HLAA’s website .hearingloss.org
- Hearing Life, bimonthly magazine with membership written with consumers in mind
- Hearing Life e-News – free newsletter
- Twitter @HLAA
HLAA believes people with hearing loss can help themselves and one another to participate fully and successfully in society.
- HLAA promotes self-confidence; empowers individuals with skills to improve their lives; and provides an opportunity for affiliation among people with hearing loss, their friends, families, and professionals.
- The HLAA Chapter network across the country is volunteer led and welcomes people to learn about hearing loss, technology and encourates peer support.
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is a tax-exempt, charitable organization and is eligible to receive tax deductible contributions under the IRS Code 501(c)(3). HLAA’s Federal ID #52-1177011.
Please contact HLAA’s Development Office at 301.657.2248 or via email at email@example.com.