The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization representing people with hearing loss. HLAA opens the world of communication to people with hearing loss through information, education, support and advocacy. With more than 48 million Americans living with hearing loss and these numbers growing rapidly, we work nationally and in local communities to promote hearing health and provide vital assistance and resources to help people with hearing loss and their families to live better lives.
The part-time Development Assistant provides vital administrative, fundraising and communications support for the Development department and the Walk4Hearing program, the organization’s peer to peer fundraising and awareness campaign. The Assistant is an organized, creative and detail-oriented individual with an interest in building and cultivating donor engagement, communicating with donors and being a part of a growing development team. This is a terrific opportunity to be part of a mission-driven organization and to explore all parts of a nonprofit fundraising program.
The Development Assistant will report to the Director of Development and work closely with Walk4Hearing and Development Managers:
- Fulfill campaigns and donor-related mailings including acknowledgments, incentives, tool kits and appeals.
- Help to create and implement donor centered communication materials and content, digital and print.
- Support digital campaigns, including helping to maintain and update web content, implement social media posts, e-messages and graphics.
- Maintain and update donor and volunteer records and assist with processing of gifts, memberships and event registrations, and preparation of recognition lists.
- Provide support for events including logistical arrangements, response tracking, ordering and distribution of promotional items.
- Respond promptly to donor and volunteer inquiries by phone and email for Walk4Hearing and general development inquiries.
- Coordinate with vendors.
- Help with general administrative tasks for the Development department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-2 years working in a professional office or environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to various online and data platforms.
- Effectively manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Knowledge of social media and CANVA is a plus.
Minimum 20-hour work week with potential for additional hours.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with “Development Assistant” in the subject line. Potential candidates for open positions will be invited for an interview.
North Bethesda (Rockville), Maryland (flexible, hybrid work)
HLAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HLAA is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. HLAA does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.