The primary purpose of the meeting planner is to produce the largest communication accessible convention for people with hearing loss, including a trade show, educational program, social events and more.
Duties and responsibilities:
Plan communication accessible events for people with hearing loss including:
- Manage exhibits for annual convention
- Develop the educational program, including communication accessible workshops, product/service demonstrations and symposium
- Plan audio visual and assistive listening device needs (hearing loops, schedule CART (Computer Assisted Realtime Translation) and sign language interpreters
- Assist in building registration site and manage registration process
- Develop the mobile convention app, which includes all convention-related events, workshops, speakers, floor plans, social media feeds, etc.
- Promote the event via HLAA’s website, social media, press releases, HLAA’s magazine, Hearing Life and other media as appropriate
- Create and publish the Program & Exhibit Guide
- Work with decorator on floor plan and all details related to the exhibit hall (registration, booths, management freight, bag stuffing and more).
- Recruit and schedule a team of volunteers to be onsite during convention
- Arrange tours of host city when possible
- Onsite management of registration, special events, staff, volunteers, audio visual and assistive device installation and performance
- Look for opportunities to increase revenue and keep expenses at or below budget
- Plan HLAA exhibits at trade shows and health fairs, facilitating direct communication with consumers about their hearing loss
- Assist in managing social media platforms; create content to publish on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least three years of relevant experience.
- Strong project management skills
- Enjoys working with people and is an effective leader of volunteers
- Strong communication skills, especially written and on social media.
- Must be comfortable working in a close-knit, team environment where attitude and work ethic matters
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Travel is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
How to Apply:
Send serious inquiries and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Meeting Planner” in the subject line.