The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), a nonprofit organization and the producer of the Walk4Hearing, the largest hearing loss awareness event across the country, is seeking a top-notch, ultra-organized, high energy professional to assist three national Walk4Hearing managers.
Job Purpose: The Walk4Hearing Program Assistant provides support for a national peer-to-peer fundraising program. The Walk4Hearing is HLAA’s national fundraising program which raises awareness for hearing loss and hearing health.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Walk4Hearing managers with implementation of specific initiatives
- Handle essential tasks pertaining to Walk day activities
- Work with managers on creating content for social media
- Update and coordinate distribution of Walk4Hearing marketing materials
- Draft email correspondence to Walk participants
- Answer phones and direct phone calls to the appropriate department
- Handle email, social media and phone inquiries related to the Walk4Hearing
- Assist with gathering and posting information on the Walk4Hearing website
- Work with internal database to create reports
- Data entry
Required experience and skills include:
- Experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (required)
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online (a plus, but not required)
- Excellent customer service, communication and writing skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with a team
- Strong computer skills – MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to learn new technology
Work Environment: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Travel to annual HLAA convention will be required.
Physical Requirements: Work is in an office and primarily sedentary in nature; however, the ability to lift and carry light boxes for shipping is necessary.
This position reports to three national Walk4Hearing managers.
HLAA is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Walk4Hearing Program Assistant” in the subject line.