Senior Communications Manager
Hearing Loss Association of America
By Carrie Johnson, Senior Communications Manager, Hearing Loss Association of America
Are you ready for some fun in the sun in Tampa?
When you aren’t inside enjoying the HLAA 2022 Convention, head outside to experience Tampa. Step outside the hotel doors and walk along the Tampa Riverwalk. From there, you can explore the restaurants at the new Sparkman Wharf area or go a little further and see the marine life at the Florida Aquarium. Head over to Ybor City and experience the authentic Cuban cuisine that Tampa is famous for. Enjoy these attractions and so much more during your time at the HLAA 2022 Convention!
Register today! The early bird registration discount ends on Friday, April 1.
Here’s what’s new this year:
- New Research Symposium Topic! Cochlear Implants: What’s new? What’s next? from 8:30-11 a.m. on Friday, June 24. This year’s Research Symposium will address the knowledge gap around CIs, explore who is a is a potential candidate for implantation, what’s involved in treatment and how CI technology has changed and will change further in the future. A mix of clinical information and science, this session is a “must attend” for anyone with hearing loss.
- New Event! Thursday night Welcome Back Bash from 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, June 23. Ride the Florida wave with us! Your most colorful tropical, casual attire is a must! We look forward to seeing your flip flops and fun prints. Join us for mingling, games and fun!
- New Day! The Awards Ceremony & Reception will be on Friday, June 24 at 5:30 p.m. The stars are coming out, so wear your cocktail attire!
- New Activity! Step for Hearing Health at Florida Walk4Hearing. The Walk begins at The Sail Plaza on Saturday, June 25 at 8 a.m. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance on Walk Day! He is an actor, fitness icon and motivational speaker who has been impacted by profound hearing loss nearly his whole life.
- New Event! An Evening with the Filmmakers — “We Hear You | Now Hear Us” on Saturday, June 25 at 4:30 p.m. Enjoy a screening of the documentary “We Hear You | Now Hear Us.” The filmmakers Roxana Rotundo, Shari Eberts, Holly Cohen and Toni Iacolucci will then host a Q&A after the screening.
We look forward to seeing you in Tampa! Questions? Email Amanda Watson.
At all life stages, communication and good hearing health connect us to each other, our communities, and the world. Don’t let hearing loss limit you — early intervention can ensure that people with hearing loss are able to achieve their full potential. Learn more at HearWellStayVital.org.
For questions or more information, email HLAA at email@example.com.
Would you like to receive HLAA blog posts like this, and other news delivered right to your email? Sign up here.
Follow HLAA and “Like” us on Facebook today!