Please join a captioned virtual get together for the hearing loss community. Come ready to socially connect while we are physically distant. See how much fun we had last time. The captioned Zoom meeting will include a presentation from our speakers plus ample time for questions and conversation.
Advocacy & Impact: Effective Communication in Health Care Settings
June 6, 2–3:30 p.m. (ET)
Toni Iacolucci, MSW
Elaine McCaffrey, Patient Advocate & Member, HLAA Board of Directors
Zina Jawadi, Member, HLAA Board of Directors
Richard Einhorn: Chairperson, HLAA Board of Directors
Holly Cohen, HLAA member and hearing health advocate
Shari Eberts, HLAA Board vice chair
Roxana Rotundo, HLAA Board member
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Helpful Hints and Tutorials
- Zoom concerns have been addressed and procedures will be modified as Zoom continues to update their software. The main security issue was with open meetings. When you register, it creates a unique link for a password protected session.
- Use a computer. If possible, attend the meeting on a computer rather than via a smart phone or iPad. This will give you the best layout to view the captions as well as other meeting features.
- Captions. Meetings are captioned. How to See Closed Captions in ZOOM
- Check your time zone. This meeting will take place live at 2 p.m. ET, 1 p.m. CT, 12 p.m. MT and 11 a.m. PT. If you are in a different time zone, please adjust the time so you do not miss the meeting.
- Questions? Feel free to email us at VirtualMeetings@hearingloss.