HLAA’s Patient-Focused Drug Development Meeting (Tuesday, May 25, 2021)
HLAA received permission from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to hold an Externally-Led Patient-Focused Drug Development Meeting for People and Families Living with Sensorineural Hearing Loss on Tuesday, May 25, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (U.S. ET). This meeting represents the voice of the person with hearing loss. Two panels spoke about their experiences living with hearing loss. Meeting attendees had the opportunity to call in and submit online written comments about the issues discussed during the meeting.
The “Voice of the Patient” report and meeting participant comments are now online.
“VOICE OF THE PATIENT” REPORT Participant Comments
See the full PFDD Meeting transcript (pdf).
Sensorineural Hearing Loss: Externally-Led Patient-Focused Drug Development Meeting (PowerPoint Presentation)
Frank Lin, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor, Departments of Otolaryngology, Medicine, Mental Health & Epidemiology
Director, Cochlear Center for Hearing & Public Health
Thank you to these organizations and companies who support hearing health care research and solutions.
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology
- The Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (AG Bell)
- Alport Syndrome Foundation
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS)
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- American Tinnitus Association
- Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss
- Association of Late-Deafened Adults (ALDA)
- Bionics Institute
- British Cochlear Implant Group
- Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (CHHA)
- Canadian HARD of HEARING Association (CHHA-Hamilton)
- Cochlear Implant International Community of Action (CIICA)
- Deafness Forum of Australia
- Deafness Foundation Australia
- Ear Community
- European Association of Cochlear Implant Users (EURO-CIU )
- European Federation of Hard of Hearing People (EFHOH)
- The Global Alliance of Speech-to-Text Captioning
- Hands & Voices
- Hearing Health Foundation (HHF)
- Hearing Industries Association
- The Hearing Journal
- Hearing Matters Australia
- Hearing Rehabilitation Foundation
- Hearing Tracker
- Ida Institute
- International Federation of Hard of Hearing People (IFHOH)
- International Hearing Society (IHS)
- MED-EL Corporation
- National Guard Association of the United States (NGAUS)
- Navy SEAL Foundation
- NIHR University College London Hospitals Biomedical Research Centre
- New York University Grossman School of Medicine
- Oticon, Inc.
- Pindrop Foundation
- ReSound US
- Sharon L. King Foundation
- Tennessee Captioning
- Tinnitus Hub
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- University of Iowa Department of Otolaryngology Cochlear Implant Clinical Research Center
- Usher Syndrome Coalition
- Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center for Otolaryngology and Communication Sciences
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.