Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives? Have a few hours to spare? The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) needs you! Look below for ways to help people with hearing loss. HLAA relies heavily on people just like you to help extend its influence by reaching people with hearing loss and their friends, families and co-workers in communities all across the United States. For more information, email us at email@example.com.
You can put your time and talents to work in many ways. Find your niche and realize you are not alone with your hearing loss while you help out the leading organization for people with hearing loss.
- HLAA National office in Bethesda, Maryland
- HLAA Walk4Hearing held in 18 cities across the country
- HLAA Chapters who meet in communities across the country
- HLAA Convention, held yearly in various cities
Thank You to Our Volunteers Coast to Coast
Thanks to all who have worked on behalf of HLAA and people with hearing loss.
Since 1979, our organization has enjoyed the volunteer service of thousands giving their time and talents. The HLAA Chapters and State Organizations are wholly volunteer led and run. The Walk4Hearing depends on people stepping up to chair the Walks, form teams, and help out with many aspects of the Walk4Hearing. The HLAA Board of Trustees is 100 percent volunteer driven. Because of your millions of volunteer hours, we can fulfill HLAA’s mission of providing information, education, support and advocacy.
- Lend your time and skills to the national HLAA office in Bethesda, Maryland
- Program support — assist with various office tasks, such as answering phones, copying, filing etc.
- Respond to inquiries
- Conduct research for the public policy department
- Computer systems, network support, software support
- Participate in the HLAA Walk4Hearing
- Be a local Walk4Hearing chair or committee chair
- Form a team
- Distribute goodies
- Help with Walk4Hearing day signage
- Assist with registration
- Assist in organizing set up and/or clean up
- Tracking legislation related to issue of importance to people with hearing loss
- Developing and analysis of topics of importance to people with hearing loss
- Research for federal regulatory matters
- Writing projects
- Review the Advocacy section of this website
- Chapter Support
- Start an HLAA Chapter where you live or get involved at the local level
- Database entry
- Assist with Chapter Manual
- Updating Chapter Policies
- Updating Chapter information files
- Volunteer at the HLAA Convention
- Be a greeter
- Assist with registration
- Guide registrants to their destination
- Distribute and gather performance surveys
- Post signs
- Represent HLAA at events that draw groups of people.
- And much more! Tell us about your special skills and we’ll find something for you.
If you are looking to gain valuable skills and experience in a nonprofit organization, then consider applying for an internship at HLAA! This is an unpaid internship at the HLAA national office in Bethesda for credit only. Interns will be compensated for parking when coming to the office.
- Communications Intern
- Monitor social media platforms
- Create engaging content for HLAA communication channels
- Assist with various office tasks, such as answering phones, copying, etc.
- Assist with special events
- Complete other projects as assigned
- Walk4Hearing/Fundraising Intern
- Assist with promotional content and create press releases and PSAs
- Work with local media to promote walks
- Data entry for various walks
- Create compelling fundraising emails and content for website
- Assist with other duties as needed, such as handling inquiries and answering phones
To apply, please email your resume to Niaz Siasi, Meeting Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org.