Community is the Essence of Walk4Hearing
The Walk4Hearing is the only nationwide event bringing attention to hearing loss and promoting the importance of hearing health. Participating in the Walk4Hearing means joining thousands of people across the country and right in our neighborhoods, who understand what it’s like to live with hearing loss. It’s about sharing an experience, learning from each other, and taking the first step toward better hearing health.
Our spring Walks will team up for one spectacular Walk4Hearing Weekend that will bring greater awareness to hearing health. This format allows us to support one another, see the impact of our work in other cities, listen to participants share their hearing journeys, and make new friends across the country.
Register at: walk4hearing.org
Saturday, June 12
Bay Area and Long Beach Walk4Hearing, 9 a.m. PT
Connecticut and Westchester/Rockland Walk4Hearing, 10 a.m. ET
Sunday, June 13
Michigan, Milwaukee, and Nashville Walk4Hearing, 10 a.m. ET, 9 a.m. CT
Fall Season (dates to be announced)
Buffalo, New York
Cary, North Carolina
New York City, New York
San Diego, California
West Windsor, New Jersey
For the fall season, we hope to be back in-person and will update you in the coming months. Sign up for HLAA’s Hearing Life e-News for the latest information.
Capture the Moment – Experience the Walk4Hearing
Meet Our Honorary Walk4Hearing Chair
“As a long-standing sponsor of Walk4Hearing, CapTel is proud to again support HLAA’s mission of raising hearing loss awareness in communities nationwide. Coming together in celebration, the Walks give us a chance to support one another, share stories, and learn about new technologies, all while helping raise funds to further HLAA’s vital work. CapTel is privileged to be part of this community and to support the ongoing efforts to advance opportunities for people with hearing loss.”
– Robert Engelke, President of CapTel, Inc.
To extend our reach into local communities, Walk4Hearing partners with HLAA Chapters, State Associations, and other nonprofits who share our commitment to hearing health and supporting people with hearing loss. The funds we raise help power HLAA and our partners to:
- Advocate at the federal level to support policies such as hearing aid compatible and captioned phones, hearing access in public places and online captioning.
- Host webinars and online meetings with information that help individuals with hearing loss live well.
- Assist individuals with hearing loss be their own advocates.
- Provide consumer input on use of technologies, captioning services, and research.
HLAA Chapters and State Associations
- Provide a community of people with hearing loss who understand and are empathic to your unique concerns.
- Share technologies beyond your hearing devices that will enhance your ability to function in the world.
- Empower you through exchange of knowledge, encouragement and sharing of experiences.
- Financially assist those unable to afford appointments, hearing aids, or other devices.
- Enhance and support early intervention, listening, and spoken language programs.
- Conduct hearing screenings and hearing health presentations in communities.
- Support student- and faculty-based research studies in hearing loss and speech therapy.