A Resource for Chapters and Advocates
Do you need help advocating for hearing loops?
This online resource offers free downloadable tools to help you advocate for assistive listening systems via hearing loops in your community. Whether you want to learn how a hearing loop works, more about providing ADA-mandated communication access, or need a poster for your loop presentation, this toolkit has resources to guide you every step of the way.
- Hearing Loss Facts and Statistics
- Are You Hearing Everything You Could?
- A Guide to Understanding Hearing Loops
- GITHL Brochure for Venues
- Providing ADA Mandated Communication Access
- How Does a Hearing Loop Work? – International Hearing Loop Manufacturer’s Association (IHLMA)
- Best Practices for Hearing Loop Installation
- Assistive Listening System Checklist
- Best Practices to Install a Hearing Loop System that Meets the IEC Standard
- Why Meet the IEC Standard for Hearing Loop System Installation?
Postcards, Small Cards and Posters
- Ask Your Audiologist, postcard
- HEAR HERE, postcard
- Ask for Hearing Loops, small card
- GITHL Logo, 20”x 30” Poster (Note: Do not select enhance color if printing from COSTCO.)
- Hearing Loop Educational Posters – 20”x 30” (Note: Do not select enhance color if printing from COSTCO.)
- Sample Request for Communication Access for People with Hearing Loss
- Comparison of Large Area Assistive Listening Systems
- Theater or Concert Hall Sound Mixing for People with Hearing Loss
- Sample Request for Proposal for Hearing Loop System
- Basic Hearing Loop PowerPoint Presentation Sample
- Presentation Notes for Basic Hearing Loop Presentation Slides